1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Flareups after somatic tracking

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by bobbarr, Nov 28, 2021.

1. bobbarr

bobbarr New Member

I have done a few somatic tracking sessions and symptoms are flaring up afterward, but eventually die down. I did one about an hour for 10 minutes. But now I’m worse than ever. Symptoms are majorly flaring and my emotions are revved up. I suspect that is temporary like previous sessions and that maybe once the intensity subsides I might even feel better than before.

Has anyone experienced this before and can give insight into what’s going on?

I’m not forcing anything. I’m just letting the body express what it needs to express while calmly observing and sending myself safety and compassion based messages.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@bobbarr
    Usually its done once a day.
    Good guideline: tms work is 1 hour per day no hard and fast rules but the more you pay attention to symptoms to work on them the more you tell your brain there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.
    Keep in mind you may not find it to be your thing. It’s ok not to do it, or not to do it right now if its not working for you.

Ellen likes this.