1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Flare up - Need tips and help please

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by CMA, Feb 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi friends
    Discovered TMS and Dr Sarno almost 7 years ago and have done the SEP, cured myself of various aches and pains and allergies. Having hip pain again (my favorite spot) yet again almost after a year now. Yes have bunch of issues I am upset with at work, home, friends, family. And I know it is TMS. But its not going away. I wrote down my current stressors and also tried to exercise for 2 days to try to keep things normal and ignore.

Any other things I can do to get through this that worked for you?
    Thank you very much and be well you all. We all got this together

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

It feels like there is an epidemic of TMS flare-ups going on, CMA. I've already seen at least one more post almost exactly like yours, also posted today, and I bet there are others. I feel like I'm experiencing this as well, and while I don't have work or relationship issues, I do feel like the world is spinning out of control, between world problems and electronic overload.

Look, we all have so much going on these days, there is so much news to absorb, so many emails to read, and so much entertainment enticing us away from constructive activities (and distracting us from the ever-growing bad news) - this can't be good for us. I know too well that it's really hard to stop these addicting activities and take the time to really assess our emotional health. And the longer we go without changing this behavior, the worse we feel about ourselves.

The solution is mindfulness. It can be achieved with meditation, journaling, and exercise- and by giving up at least some of the addictions. But this is not easy. I know!

Sigh. Well, what works for me is to pay attention to some of the thoughts that pop up, and to examine them instead of letting my brain stuff them again. The free-writing exercises that we learned to do in the SEP still work.

~Jan

Pietro Carloni likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

4. KevinMartilloViner

KevinMartilloViner Peer Supporter

Sorry to hear it. Check out this podcast interview, I talk a lot about what you're going through. Hope it helps!

https://audioboom.com/posts/7173184-057-kevin-martillo-viner-phd?fbclid=IwAR0vSXw6MfXJZx290rxvJTLrZiCdjTxsk-ItAbRQ9xOSNG68C_U-oCd5aHE (Audioboom / 057 - Kevin Martillo Viner, PhD)