1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 27 Flare up event [RSI]

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rsiman, Apr 2, 2019.

1. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

This is only a few weeks ago. I took psychedelic mushrooms, dxm, and marijuana, and began to have somewhat of a bad time. I truly felt honest with myself about how depressed I was. Part of it was breaking up with my girlfriend of four years and part was how disappointed with myself I was about where my life was going. (nowhere). Now I have read a few stories about how these emotional outpourings can actually help TMS. But this one didn't, and I suppose it might be because on shrooms especially it is hard to control your mind. It flared up my RSI to a level I hadn't experienced in awhile. However, it has since gone back down to a decent level, although not as good as a couple months ago.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi rsiman,

As "unconscious material" might be unearthed through greater awareness --- writing, meditating, drugs too, this awareness can be both helpful and also activate symptoms. As the unconscious becomes more conscious it is helpful if you can put your findings into the TMS framework. For instance:
    might lead to journaling about how this awareness is difficult to allow in. Part of it might want to be "felt more." How/why might your deeper allowing be threatening to parts of yourself which do not want to seen? How might symptoms be activated to distract you from really letting some of these insights sink in more?

If you can, use this latest experience cognitively to make sense of the symptom response, rather than feel you did something wrong. You saw a response of apparently physical symptoms to psychological events. This is good!

Andy B

3. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Now that is a very good point! My RSI has been much much better recently.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle