1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Book First Book?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by scboymom, Aug 15, 2018.

1. scboymom

scboymom Newcomer

Wanting to start reading Sarno! I know they weren't designed to be read in a certain order. That said, what book is easiest and most effectively digested for a week-old newbie? Thanks!

2. GetBusyLiving

GetBusyLiving New Member

If you are specifically wanting to read Sarno first (which is what I did), I'd suggest Mindbody Prescription first and then The Divided Mind.

However, having just finished Steve Ozanich's Great Pain Deception, I would strongly suggest reading that book first. He introduces you to all of Sarno's concepts and quotes him directly frequently...but I found his perspective as a 'patient' who has healed from extraordinary circumstances to be invaluable. He goes into a lot of detail explaining exactly HOW to put Sarno's concepts into practice and gives you a real and practical methodology. He also ties in so many other great thought leaders within the world of Mindbody medicine and practices (Jung, Alan Watts, Eckhart Tolle, Louise Hay, and many, many more)...a wealth of threads to further pull on and expand your own level of consciousness and enlightenment.

scboymom and kindle123 like this.