1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Finding the stress

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Livinginhope, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Livinginhope

Livinginhope Peer Supporter

I am now 16 days into the SEP and have had a bit of relief. Yesterday was a particularly hopeful day; today, the pain is back and spreading to other areas. It is almost as if my body is saying," You think you are out of the woods because you had one good day? I will show you who is boss!" Anyway, the journal assignment today is about the stress that may be causing this. I have only one main stressor in my life and have journaled on that several times over the past few weeks. I am at a loss as to find additional stressors than may be causing this pain. I know that the pain is disproportionate to the stress in my life, so I am wondering if anyone can share their journey with finding out what is causing the pain and where the stress really is? Am I just stuffing this down even further?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

All I can suggest is, keep journaling. You need to focus on what you think is that one main stressor in your life. But you may have others. Or you may have a personality problem. Are you a perfectionist, a "goodist," a worrier?