1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Finding hope

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Recovery hope, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Recovery hope

Recovery hope Newcomer

Hi, I’m new here and just recently learned about the concept of TMS. I started with the Curable app last week, but in my desire for more knowledge I found this website and today was my day 1. I struggle with chronic headaches, migraines, neck and muscle pain that seems to move around, as well as, GAD and depression that increased exponentially since I developed the chronic pain about 3 yrs ago. This is not my first go round with chronic pain either, I suffered for yrs off and on from when I was a teenager with IC, IBS, vulvodynia, and chronic knee pain. Everything about a TMS diagnosis makes sense and I do believe that that is what is happening with me which gives me hope that I can find relief too, but my fear is so big what if I can’t let it go? What if my fear is too big for this to work? Is my anxiety going to hold me back? Ok well that’s my day 1, some hope and a lot of fear, back for day 2 tomorrow.

Aimee88 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Welcome! It sounds like you are in the right place. What if your fear is not too big? What if your anxiety can't hold you back, and is the message that got you here? Enjoy the success stories along the way. I like that this program encourages you to read success stories, and there is a subforum if you want more.

Recovery hope likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...you have some big questions/concerns that are hard to grapple with on Day 1. I think you will find some clarity on these issues as you move through the program. Don't worry if your fear, anxiety, etc. lingers for a while. Recovery is a process. Regarding what Aimee88 said, the success stories really are a great way to help mitigate your fear with lots of optimism. To add my own, I also suffered from IBS with constipation, headaches, constant aches/pain, and a slew of other things before starting this program. I am now happy and healthy! You can do it too. Just remember it takes patience, commitment, and compassion for yourself. Keep up the good work!

Recovery hope likes this.
  4. Recovery hope

Recovery hope Newcomer

Thank you! Today will be day 8 for me and I am still struggling with letting go of the fear (and a lot of other emotions) especially with everything going on right now with this virus and all the added stress with my kids, but my hope is alive and I will continue to do the work. The successes like yours definitely help, thank you!

Aimee88 and ssxl4000 like this.