1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Finding balance.. need your guys help!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by SarahR, Sep 10, 2018.

1. SarahR

SarahR New Member

Hello everybody,

I have been reading into TMS for a while now and it really opened my eyes. Although i understand the concept of TMS I am still in pain. I have been dealing with pelvic pain for the past 6 months now, and i can honestly say it has been hell. Never in my life did I think I could be in this much pain, especially in my private are. Since reading about TMS I try to be more outcome in depend. I think I do a lot better then a few months ago when all I did was lay on the couch. Although my outcome independence has become a lot better, my pain has become worse. I really struggle.. do i keep pushing trough the pain? I not only have been in pain, but I have been in a burn out as well. Extremely tired, weakness in muscles, oversensitive, crying all day. I know i have to live life as before TMS, but I don't want to push to far. And I think I need to rest as well and give my body time, since I have been ignoring signals for years and burnt up all my energy. So my question is: how do I find a good balance between outcome independe, becoming active again and taking care of my body and mind?

Thank you so mcuch!
    Sarah

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry you are still having pain. Don't despair, you are not different than those who have healed, you are doing well and will continue to do so!

I think you would benefit from reading Claire Weekes. She addresses being exhausted emotionally and this leads to feeling physically exhausted. She writes about moving forward while still struggling. She uses the word acceptance where others use outcome independence. I find her help for nervousness (anxiety) to be equally helpful for pain. Right now I'm reading her book titled More Help for Your Nerves. Settling down your nervous system will help you with outcome independence, and possibly the pain at the same time. I think you will feel better emotionally, which will give you strength to go on with healing in a more hopefull way.

Hugs,
    Lizzy

3. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sarah,

Being stressed can make your adrenals exhausted. But, they will recover quickly...if you can decrease your worry and fear day by day.

I had pain similar to yours for some months. My success story is in the success forum.

Don't concern yourself with pushing "too far." Look at your emotions. Think psychologically. Something emotional took you to the point of burn out.
    Start to write out what you say you've been "ignoring." Not the physical symptoms, but the emotional reasons you ignored the physical symptoms.
    I hope this makes sense.

Nicole Ferber Sachs has great helpful videos on YouTube that you can start watching.

Trust that your pain is psychological. As I've written in other posts. If our pelvic areas were TRULY that easily damaged, every woman who gave birth would be in chronic pain. The female body is sturdy. If we can carry and deliver a 7 to 10 pound baby and the body recovers, then just regular day to day life is NOT going to hurt you. There are no TRAPPED nerves.
    You have tension in your pelvic area. It's the way your brain is distracting you from taking a long look at what is REALLY bothering you. Yes, the tension is really painful. But, no...it's not nerve damage or entrapment, etc.

Love yourself to do the emotional work. Have compassion for your feelings and emotions, not because you think your body is fragile. It's not.

Peace to you.

Marcia

Free of Fear and Lizzy like this.