1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Find a Practitioner Entry update request

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Chuck, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

Hey Everyone,

I recently received an email from a TMS therapist from Australia named James Alexander. He is on our practitioner list and asked if we could update his entry. I am going to be out of town for a few days, and was wondering if someone could go in and make the edit. To help with this I made a brief guide on editing the Find a Doctor page atTMSWiki:About Find a TMS Doctor or Therapist. I made a tutorial video for the page, which I also put below.

Dr. Alexander asked if we could add a link to his website on his entry:
    http://www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com.

This should be a quick edit, and not too difficult to do. To edit the page go to http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist#Australia . I would recommend clicking the “Edit” button next to the “Australia” sub-heading.

Quick Note:To edit the wiki itself you have to create an account on that as well. You cannot edit the wiki with your forum account (however, you could probably create an account with your same username).

If you have any questions about editing the page let me know.

tarala and Forest like this.
  2. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Chuck,

Your tutorial videos are super helpful for those of us who aren't sure what we are doing. I've only done survey response forms, but would be happy to have a go at this. I'm a bit unsure about doing links, but probably it's there on the help pages or someone can let me know how if I get stuck.

3. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi again, I think I've done it by copying another page's website link. It appears to be functioning, except the link is in purple and all the other links are blue. Does this mean I still need to do something? Does it mean James is special?;) I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and make sure it's okay.

While we are on the topic, I've never learned how to insert a link into my posts, or to quote others' posts. Would love some advice please.

4. tarala

tarala Well known member

Oops, just realized it was only purple because I had used the link! Clearly I'm no computer expert.:oops:

5. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

I took a look at the Find a Doc page and the link looks great! Thanks for posting it. Adding links and using the quote function are easy to pick up once you know what you are looking for. There is a thread about using the quote function at http://tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-to-use-the-quote-function.292/ . To do a link simply highlight the text you want to link and click on the chain icon in the toolbar. I may have some time over the next week to make a video about it.

Thank you again for posting the link on the wiki. I know that editing the wiki may seem a little bit overwhelming, but it really isn't all that complicated. Simply start by clicking the "Edit" button and type something. The best part is that you can't do anything that someone won't be able to fix in a couple clicks of the mouse. As some of you know our wiki is based on the same software that Wikipedia uses. Well, they have this wonderful video about how amazing it feels to edit the wiki. I saw the other day and thought you guys would like it.

Remember, just click the edit button and type away!

6. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hey Chuck, thanks for the encouragement and the help. And yes, I'm like the video people-- a bit scared of it at first, and perfectionist tendencies getting in the way, but such a great feeling when I've managed it. Then it seems so easy. A great example is quotes, I've tried the quote signs, but since it just inserts code for quote, I've been afraid to try it. Which is pretty silly since there is an edit button at the bottom of the posts.

Okay, you were right, not complicated. Anyway, thanks again for the help, and I'm more than happy to work on any that come my way. The Wiki has been so helpful, it's fun to be able to contribute too.

7. Dr James Alexander

Dr James Alexander TMS author and psychologist

thanks for your efforts to get this info up there- very much appreciated. I really like the sense of community there seems to be in the forum and how people appear willing to contribute their time to make things happen. best wishes from Oz.