1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Final day of SEP program

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Oct 29, 2013.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! What a ride. If you're thinking of doing a program but haven't gotten up the nerve I want to encourage you...do it! This 42 day SEP program has been enormously helpful and enlightening.

Has it cured my TMS? I wish! But I realize this is all a journey and I am in a MUCH better place than I was a few months ago. 3 mile walks are no longer a big deal. No more orthotics...ice massages...pt appointments...fantasies of being in a motorized scooter....

Most importantly, I feel like the possibilities of the universe are opening up to me again. Remember those old tube TVs? When you'd turn them off, a line would appear and then shrink until it was just a little dot...and then poof! that would be gone too. THAT'S what I felt my life was doing...continually contracting. Pain, fear, depression...what a nasty ride.

As I sit here now, an old ache is trying to announce itself. And I know I've got more work today. I'm continuing reading "The Great Pain Deception" and will start another recovery program when I'm ready to move on from this book.

Here's to health and strength, friends - Have a great day!:)

Ellen and Becca like this.
  2. Becca

Becca Well known member

I just have to say, your positivity and your cheeriness is simply inspiring (and infectious - I am smiling right now!) What an incredible journey you've been on. "I feel like the possibilities of the universe are opening up to me again" -- such a beautiful, beautiful phrase. Yes, yes they are! As silly as it sounds, I just have to say, you go, girl :) CONGRATS on all your success!!!

Ellen and MontanaMom like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

MonatanaMom. You are truly inspiring. Your enthusiasm about the SEP program is terrific.
    Walking three miles is fantastic.

4. North Star

Aw, thanks Becca and Walt. Now if only you'd heard me cussing up a storm as a I ventured through icy streets and sidewalks later on this morning. :eek:

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations, MontanaMom, on completing the SEP! I enjoy reading your posts and am so glad you are part of our online community. Your honesty, compassion, and positive nature are a true asset to all of us. I still use a phrase I got from you when my TMS flares up--"Your gig's up, brain!" It seems to be the phrase my brain responds to the best.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is great MontanaMom
    You have got the whole idea in the bag, you've made improvements upon improvement
    and that's the evidence that'll lead you on in to completion as you continue your journey.

You've done remarkably well, im very proud that you stayed the course.
    You've already won- your just waiting to see the full resolution.

Go ahead and imagine everything is already done and that your already healed.
    Talk like it, walk like it and become it in the now.
    This is calling things forth that are not as though they were.
    Youll see itll work wonderful at this stage.

7. North Star

Ellen, thank you for your oh-so-kind words! You really made my day. I mean that. Thank you! So glad that little phrase is helpful.

Herbie, Your consistently encouraging presence here means so much to me too. Thank you. I still have some long time standing issues. I'm really trying not to set up "goals" of having my skin clear up or to have painful scarring to resolve but it is so hard! I know it's part of the journey and it's just a one foot in front of the other process. And the journey is always a little easier with fellow travelers.

Sending cyber hugs to you all!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Your super MontanaMom
    Welcome to the family, your doing just fine
    and your right- take your time
    time heals all things- When you know the truth that sets you free
    and you know it, your awesome.

MontanaMom likes this.
  9. North Star

10. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

"Your gig's up, brain!"
    I''ll write that down and keep it handy.

I got your cyberhug, That's a good word, too.

11. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

My favorite part of this was Most importantly, I feel like the possibilities of the universe are opening up to me again. This is what the TMS journey is all about. Understanding that you will regain your life back, and reach a place of positivity and joy. Having this level of confidence is what success in the approach is all about. :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  12. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Forest is right. TMS is a journey of life. We learn so much about ourselves and others.
    It is a guidebook to healing our pain and loving life.