1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Feeling Optimistic

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by GCALEM, Oct 4, 2019.

1. GCALEM

GCALEM Newcomer

Hi my name is Greyson and for close to 8 years, since I was 15, I have suffered from chronic low back/buttock/leg pain. I have always been an extremely active person, participating in every sport that I could. One day in the middle of a soccer game I noticed that my left leg began to tighten and slowly progress into a burning sensation in my buttock and leg. Over the next few weeks trying to diagnose the issue seemed to only make things worse. Every treatment left me in more pain than before, until finally I went in for an MRI where they told me I had a herniated disc and that I was suffering from sciatica.

Well fast forward and I've been able to remain very active. Actually progressed quite a bit in terms of pain, (I attribute this to a high pain threshold and that I've always been the type of person to try and push through anything) but just a few weeks ago, the same pain began to worsen on my right side which immediately threw me into a panic. I could not believe that this pain was coming back that it was hindering me so much again.

So I turned to the internet to find any information that I could and came across John Sarno and HBP. Already I have noticed minor improvements by using his techniques/reading success stories and seeing how many people have been able to make a complete recovery. I now believe that I have TMS and after doing some self-reflection, I have accepted the fact that I put immense amounts of pressure on myself at work and just about anywhere/anything that I do. My stress levels have recently spiked and I have dug myself into a deep hole of anxiety by second-guessing everything I do.

I'm here to say that those days are behind me and that I'm done being afraid! I'm feeling grateful and more optimistic than ever before thanks to this forum that I've only been a part of for 2 days. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

2. rsiman

rsiman Peer Supporter

Good luck. Posting on this forum helped me more than anything else, I hope it does the same for you. I did believe Sarno's book was plausible but just reading it did not help me. I think just thinking about it every day, putting some time into focusing and thinking about just tms helps more than anything.