1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Feeling hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by boco1205, Oct 7, 2018.

1. boco1205

boco1205 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been an on/off TMS believer for three years, but I am now wanting to fully commit to this healing process. I had two ruptured discs when I was 19 years old and was told surgery was the only option. I had surgery and was symptom free for three years, and now for two months I have been experiencing very similar symptoms with no known injury. My symptoms began when I started working in a soft tissue and chiropractic office as a medial assistant and I would see so many people come in and out of the office with back issues. I would come home stressed everyday that I would end up in chronic pain like those patients. After only three months of working there, I developed back pain and sciatica symptoms. Looking back, it makes sense why I would develop the symptoms that I have which makes me believe I have TMS, but I am not 100% convinced. I feel as if I am too young to have "natural" aging of the spine and I am one of the rare exceptions. HOWEVER, this is something I am very determined to work on so I am feeling very hopeful.