1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Feeling guilty

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Fabi, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

I feel great, fantastic, no pain since I started on two meds that have finished most of my symptoms. And I stopped the SEP almost at the same time.
    I felt free at first, now I don´t.
    I want to discuss this if anybody has. I think my perfectionism has found something new to play with together with my inner bully. This is a rough interpretation.
    I have changed my life a lot. I go out, I don´t sit in the computer as I did in the past. I got on my bike again, resumed work, etc. My life changed.
    I have also dealt with difficult relationships very well and with satisfactory results so far. My therapist told me she was moved by the things I am doing if we just looked three months back, they seem unbelievable. And she is right.I feel so good, I forget about TMS.
    Why is that an issue?

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Fabi. What a great post. I'm so glad you are feeling so fantastic. You may just have needed the medication.

I wouldn't feel guilty about going off the SEProgram. It's always there, if and when you need it. So is TMS.

Now just thank the Lord for your good health and strong positive mental outlook. And enjoy life.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Fabi,
    I enjoyed your update. I like Walt's words:
    and
    Maybe with your therapist you can simply see that "guilt exists in the human condition." I think of it as a "guilt box" that will be filled with some kind of content. Any kind of content. The particulars of which are not important. So what? I agree with you that it is related to the superego.

I am really happy you found a solution, and I do hope you enjoy life, observe the guilt, dismiss it as best you can. Inquire into it when you're motivated, when you want to know more about why we all have a "guilt box," but certainly don't "believe" it!

Ciao,
    Andy B

4. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Exactly Andy! So what?
    Wow! I knew that was the next thing to do!
    Thank you both Walt and Andy!

May you be safe. May you leave with ease. May you be healthy, and so may I!

Ines likes this.