1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 23 Feeling feelings: how is anxiety a manifestation?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Apr 13, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

Hi all,

So I have been going through a couple weeks now of generally feeling low, and anxious, and todays Day 16 of MRP talked about emotional repression. As I listened to it, and the link between anger and anxiety mentioned, I wanted to learn more about this concept of anxiety and depression being different manifestations of TMS.

How does that work?

I find myself to be someone who does not repress my emotions with anyone outside my mother and my sister- outside of them it is hard for me to get angry with someone and show it, oh maybe my producer as well or a certain guy friend because of the fear of abandonment if I share my angry feelings. Somehow, I've also attracted friends that are super sensitive and or emotionally unavailable and that gives credence to that fear of mine to express.

I also have a fear response to anger- idk if other people get that. When someone exhibits anger to me, I get scared like realllly scared of them and can't recover from it easily. Just watching the Friends TV show I am constantly in awe of Ross's anger, and Chandler's biting sarcasm. I don't think I could ever be friends with them. I'd feel to unsafe.

But back to the general feeling of feeling low, sad and worried.

Any thoughts on anxiety/depression and TMS?