1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Feeling a bit better

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by gailnyc, Jan 26, 2013.

1. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

My foot has definitely improved over the past two weeks.
    Because I was experiencing many different types of pain all over my foot, I decided to approach each pain separately. I started with the pain I sometimes have in the ball of my foot. This particular pain started back in August when I was misdiagnosed with Morton's Neuroma. I read about it online, and of course started having symptoms right away (I'm highly suggestible!). One of the symptoms is the feeling that there is a pebble in the ball of your foot. So of course I started feeling this whenever I was barefoot (mainly in the shower), and noticed a general pain and swelling there, too. The pain did not go away even after an MRI revealed I had no neuroma! So this was the pain I decided to tackle first. It's very clear to me that it is fake pain. Every time I feel it I think, you're just fake pain, go away! It still comes and goes but I've been feeling it much less than before. So that is certainly progress.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

This is great progress. Keep talking to it and keep walking. Tell it "your not stopping me now."