1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

February 23rd Discussion Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Everyone,

We had a great discussion this past Saturday! Thanks for everyone who showed up. I am really excited about continuing this as a weekly event.

We are having another discussion group this upcoming Saturday (February 23rd) at 2:00pm EST. This week we are starting to read Dr. Eric Sherman’s section in Pathways to Pain Relief (we will likely spend more than one week on this). If you didn't read the first part of Pathways, don’t worry about it! Just dive right into Dr. Sherman’s portion of the book.

Like last time, I will be recording parts of the discussion. (I will post the audio from last week’s discussion here soon.)

For connection details, go to the new Wiki page, Saturday TMS Book Discussion Group.

I hope to see you all there!

Best,

Forest

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

In preparing for the call-in discussion group tomorrow, I came across this great quote from Dr. Eric Sherman’s section in Pathways to Pain Relief:

Dr. Sherman brings up a common question here -- why do we have TMS? Why do our bodies (and minds) decide to process our emotional pain as physical, without consulting us at all? We know that the answer is self preservation, but why? Why would our minds feel that it is worth the pain? Any thoughts?

I’m excited for another great discussion, and I hope to see you all there!

Forest