1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Fears

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by LouVes, Nov 2, 2018.

1. LouVes

LouVes New Member

Briefly take a few minutes and write down some of your fears. Why are you afraid of these things ?

I remember thinking during one of the first days of the programme where you have to write down three things that make you angry and sad that what I really needed was a list for things that made me scared. It's a long list and it surprises me because I'm not normally a person who is afraid of things. Actually, I pride myself on stepping up to the plate (so TMS personality) and getting things done without blinking. I adapt well, I am confident. There's no time for fear, but since the pain started I've been reduced to a quivering lump of the stuff. This needs to be a list :

I'm afraid of :
    • my children suffering or dying

• my children not being happy in their lives

• my children being sad

• not having enough money to pay my salary (I own a private language school)

• not having enough money to pay for my children's studies

• not having enough money to retire and having nowhere to live when I do

• not getting well and having to live in pain forever

• not being able to live in pain everyday

• the many, many reforms of this government making it impossible for me to keep the language school open and then what will I do to earn a living ?

• My relationship failing

• not being able to sustain a long-term relationship successfully

• having to take medication for the pain that I really don't want to take

• not having choices and being trapped in a situation I can't get out of
    I don't know why I'm afraid of these things. Maybe because they're just scary things and all have to do with feeling safe, which lately I don't feel anymore. There are just too many factors that are out of my control and I suppose that I feel safer when I can control events, although that's just an illusion and I know it.

Shakermaker likes this.