1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 6 Fears & Why

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by npoise, Jun 25, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

The meditation was relaxing and creating peace.

1. My Fear: Saying "No"
    Why am I fear of doing: My personality is trying to please everyone. But by saying "Yes", I put guilt on myself for something I am feeling anger or what I don't want to do that others are asking from me

2. My Fear: Displaying my emotions freely
    Why am I fear of doing: I don’t display my emotions freely especially anger (whatever the situation, usually I will pretend to give a smile) and I don't voice out opinions that the person doesn't like to hear. I get easily intimidated by someone who could scream and yell louder than me, that is why I am avoiding any confrontation if possible.

3. My fear: I don't trust 100% and I am afraid of people getting too close to me
    Why am I fear of doing: I am afraid if people get too close to me, the perfect life I am portraying, will display all its cracks. I am aware no one is perfect and there is always a dark side.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Perfectionism is one of the common causes of TMS pains. Only the nicest people, the most caring, are sensitive to the feelings of others and the feelings they project on them. Perfectionism and "goodism" are often twin character traits that keep us from being happy and loving, and feeling loved. You have to try to lighten up on your expectations of yourself and others. You are doing a real good job of thinking or journaling about your fears. Now you just have to live happier and with less concern about how others may perceive you. If they're problem people, avoid them. Don't get into confrontations with them... they're not worth it. They're probably no where near the perfect people they may seem to be.