1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Fear the pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alfaman147, Sep 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

As stupid as it is, the biggest part of my problem is me being afraid of my tension. I try to not think about it. I'm reading books so will hopefully find the answer. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advise. I'm back to work Monday and worried about the pain

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Don't worry just take it with you...don't give it any more power than it already as

3. Alfaman147

True. At the end of the day if it's there it's there. Why almost expect to have it. I can't change it so why try.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

5. Alfaman147

And yet I had the pain while not at work but I suppose being at home is easier to show your true feelings. But I wish I didn't feel so anxious

6. Alfaman147

At the end of the day I haven't got the pain too bad at the moment so I may not even get it that bad on Monday. But if I do I know it's harmless and just my brains way of saying I have a physical problem even when I don't. I think the best thing is to carry on. Ride it out. If it's bad so what. Don't start massaging myself or googling. Just have it and ride through it. If I even get it that is haha.