1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

The focused fear

It’s an emotional state were working with here. Always eliminate fear where it is limiting you. Yes we have a healthy fear that helps us live and not get burned but what about how we rid ourselves of that ugly, no good for nothing fear. That keeps slowing us down, taking our jobs and killing our spirit.
    In the mind and body world fear is love when it comes to the tms mechanism, the fear is pointing you in a direction so you can heal, but I think you know the fear were talking about. the focused fear.

We fear we wont be able to maintain our jobs. we fear were going to be working and just pass out in front of the world from the pain. we fear what are we going to do if something happens to me and my children arnt taken care of. this fear- this emotional tradedy has as much power to keep pain in your body as when you think of how it feels to have a run on the beach and at once youll go into this trance of goodness. see the correlation here. just reverse this fear, ignore this fear by thinking im going to heal now. im going to run that beach shore soon.

Now the healthy fear, See for decades many thought it was just demons in the mind and in the body or someone just wasn’t right but now in the tms or MB world were discovering that fear is your minds way of keeping you from something it thinks you’re not ready for. So for this type of fear please by all means try to find what it is your avoiding and go do it.

I remember when I first got healed a friend said go and stand up at the town hall and give a speech now. Well my fear wasn’t there- id always done speaking engagements, no problem. My fear was anger, tensive thinking, and the fear of the pain.

We have fear from the anxiety of the pain .
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, an upright man only once. You know that means when we play these scenarios over and over in our head time and time again were just dying on the inside and then it shows on the outside. I remember growing up it was like the thing to do to worry-(fear)-and spend all day just wondering if it or that was ever going to happen.

Well I’m glad those days are over. I read a story about a 90 year young man yesterday, his friend ask him what was his secret, he said not worrying , holding grudges or just pondering defeat. He said he had seen too many folks go down that rd and not come back, he wasn’t about to follow the blind sheep.

veronica73 and spiralgirl1 like this.
  2. OtterMan

OtterMan Peer Supporter

I hear this completely. I have to trust life and that when i make a change i will be ok. The issue is i had a breakdown, PTSD, burnout, depression from all the backpain and body pain, tension. I feel i am not ready to make changes. Now im supposed to just trust it wont happen again. A part of me believes your words and the other part is filled with doubt. The fear i wont be able to take care of myself, the fear it will come back, the fear i will always be like this. WHen theres no evidence to the contrary that i will get better its hard for the human mind to create that internal faith and trust in life. I want to get there though. I want to believe i can move past this.

Anyway thanks for your words. They give me hope that someday i can figure what i am avoiding and tackle it and have no fear. "Fear is ruining your life"

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Otter Man)- I hear this completely. I have to trust life and that when I make a change I will be ok.

Eric)- We have many choices in life otter man- the choice not to fear in the face of fear is a powerful concept and choice
    it takes a lot to wrap the mind around this concept when all you've ever had is hurt, pain, and let downs
    but yes otter man in order to complete the journey you have to face the fear and believe on purpose that it can change
    and not because I said so but because of all the lives you see changed here at tms wiki and elsewhere
    there's a step of your own faith that has been burned or some chaotic disorder caused this thought pattern to stay with you
    whether you want it or not its there- but the changing of the guard is when you decide to trust again and face this fear on purpose.
    but you have to be ready ya know and how do ya know when your ready - well what do you want?
    well its a journey and that journey isn't complete until you stand and say I don't need this fear any more- its a process though as you know
    if its ptsd you mentioned, we would probably have to go over a few conversations on the phone in order to get that experience behind you- sounds simple but its a process
    have you read Claire Weekes otter man- if so id offer you to read her book- its a power house in combat to fear based thoughts.

Otter Man)- The issue is i had a breakdown, PTSD, burnout, depression from all the backpain and body pain, tension. I feel i am not ready to make changes. Now im supposed to just trust it wont happen again. A part of me believes your words and the other part is filled with doubt. The fear i wont be able to take care of myself, the fear it will come back, the fear i will always be like this. WHen theres no evidence to the contrary that i will get better its hard for the human mind to create that internal faith and trust in life. I want to get there though. I want to believe i can move past this.

Eric)- if your not ready to make changes otter man and you think it wont happen again- well you have to change the thought patterns
    to achieve a different result- correct, if we keep doing the same thing ya know- this often is mixed up as to how one believes but its only how you believe certain thought patterns ya know- and often these patterns have to be discharged by reframing- there are hundreds of reframes, sarno is a reframe- thinking in better thoughts even tho the negative thought is still there is a reframe and so forth. your a hero Otter Man and I know you probably don't want to hear that but you are
    your on the verge of freedom my friend and your still wondering how? maybe- im not sure, but when your ready we can discuss anything in private if you want
    everyone is different and special in our own ways- we just got to get that shift to occur - ya know what I mean
    a changing of the guard. you have a defense up. trust is special to you- as it is us all. you said you want to get there- you will

Otter Man)- Anyway thanks for your words. They give me hope that someday i can figure what i am avoiding and tackle it and have no fear. "Fear is ruining your life"

Eric)- thanks for your words- you give me hope , you might think how is this hope-
    my strength my friend comes from being able to help my brothers and sisters
    and the joy I get to help after so many years of not knowing that the answer really is there