1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of Failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kkcarlton, Jul 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kkcarlton

kkcarlton Peer Supporter

Hi,

In looking at my past traumas I notice a lot of fear of failure at every job I have had. In fact, I think part of the reason I switched jobs frequently may have been so I can be the newbie who doesn't know her way around yet and still has to learn if that makes sense.

Last year I was healed of so many things - hypothyroidism, chronic Lyme, fatigue, and more. I got off meds and supplements and started living my life. I started talking about going back to work, at least part time starting out, and then I started getting worse. I also remember thinking I can just get a simple, easy part time job, I don't need to go right back to computer programming (my profession). However, there were also other major events last year like losing my mom and surgery because of getting bitten by a dog.

I currently don't feel huge fear of going back to work and it's hard to imagine that this fear is repressed and that's why my brain is causing the level of pain I am experiencing, but from what I read here and in TMS books it sure could. The question is, what do I do with this fear? How do I proceed? Just journal about it?

Thank you,
    Kristina

2. Ines

Ines Well known member