1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Faith, Belief, and Healing

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Tennis Tom, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I discovered a great quote in Nicole Sach's TMS book "THE MEANING OF TRUTH":

"This is not about anyone's God. I love faith, and I love belief. In fact, spiritual people thrive the most in my practice, because faith in one facet of life begets faith in another. I do know however, that neither faith nor belief provides a human person lasting change and healing WITHOUT TRUTH. Here's why: You can preach, but if YOU cannot feel the depths of that which you espouse, the only person missing out is you."

From page 126

Forest, nowtimecoach and Ryan like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The Truth is a mystical word. Jesus told Pontius Pilate that he needed to witness to the Truth.
    Pilate asked, "What is the truth?"
    Jesus implied that He was the Truth and that Pilate needed to believe in Him.

Jesus told the disciples "I am the way and the Truth."

I like Rick Warren's comments on the Truth:

http://rickwarren.org/devotional/english/jesus-is-the-truth#.U7g7rkDb6Dg

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Nicole meant that truth can be elusive. Although I can point out many scriptures that tell you the truth as Walt mentioned above -- nicole talks about this truth that we have to learn in Tms healing, like what are we doing in our head that is causing all this pain and so we learn the Tms recovery program and the SEP program.

We begin to see that our unconscious fears and angers are causing us pain. And our traits that we got from our family and friends like worry and judgement and criticism are causing us pain too.

Even if we were born with some of these traits as a study I read recently, we can still learn to change them through reprogramming the neural pathways.

We learn that meditation is a good thing and not just for spiritual folks and we learn that happiness and laughing and having a good time isn't a sin.
    We learn that getting out and connecting back to life is a must and so good -- we also learn that the sun is for more than just our warmth and the wind is for more than just sailing.
    We learn the beauty in a garden and the hope in a warm friendly hug...

See whether its hope, faith, belief or truth. Basically it all works in unison.
    You have a hope, you believe and then add faith to it and it becomes a truth whether consciously or unconsciously or you can take the hope out of this equation and as long as a belief is there it still creates a truth.

You can also be memed as in commercials that tell you you might have a disease and then you automatically believe it. That is called being framed, we all are guilty of that and that is not the truth. The truth is the power of your belief in something and then by adding faith to it, that's it, it's truth and it's hard to get someone to think another way than the way they have a belief for.

Being a preacher I know that some think faith only resides behind the christian wall but thats not true, faith is in every heart that ever wanted to believe and hope for something. Faith is the power behind things hoped for and those hopes become truths.

There's also the truth of feeling your feelings or feeling your emotions, so many of us never even ponder that, the unspoken words of the soul have to be felt to be understood and expressed and thus released. Yet we run from them with a bottle of wine and vicodin. We have to treat this pain and anxiety in the home front by facing it for what it really is " our body's unspoken words of wisdom waiting to be heard"

See Nicole wanted folks to know that there is a truth behind the the truths and beliefs they already know. There's more truths that can set them free.
    :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    MWsunin12 likes this.