1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Facial cramping head buzzing

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kwiens18, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Kwiens18

Kwiens18 Newcomer

anybody ever deal with facial tension or tightness in the cheek/jaw area? New development in the last few days along with head buzzing, makes for a very uncomfortable experience

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Wouldn’t this be TMJ? I’ve not had it but it’s mentioned in every TMS book and frequently on this forum. Or trigenimal neuralgia, also mentioned in books and forum. So sounds like TMS but you know the rule about getting things checked out, especially if it lingers.

3. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Yep. My primary area.

4. iwire

iwire Peer Supporter

mine too

5. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

Sound like TMS, but I agree with Ewok, if it lasts, then get it checked out. But this is also something that bothers me. That the symptoms can change quality or places. And do you need a checkup for every new symptom? I usually wait some time and usually it goes away. I have to primary TMS body parts, one is the bladder/pelvic and the other left side of the bowel. If one subsides sometime the other starts. I have both checked out and this helps me to concentrate on my TMS work.

6. Kwiens18

Kwiens18 Newcomer

Yeah I have a general check up at the end of the month just for a little piece of mind but TMS is definitely my guess considering as my stress and anxiety go down it for the most part goes away.

Time2be likes this.
  7. Durga

Durga Peer Supporter

Yes! Not so much in the jaws, but in the neck, head and face area. It comes and goes, but it is milder now when I know it is TMS :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018