1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Extreme rectal pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by broncos24, Sep 20, 2019.

1. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

I should also point out, many doctors havent even heard of PN, let alone know how to treat it. I'm only lucky to have a diagnosis because i live in an area where there are top experts in the condition. Keep in mind, they're starting to lump all these pelvic pain syndromes under the umbrella of "chronic pelvic pain syndrome" because they're all related in the sense that the brain and nerves (and to a degree, muscles) are involved. PS, the only med that made a very real difference for me was Nucynta. i understand it might not be an easy med to get, but even my docs admit it's great for nerve pain if insurance will cover it. I try to keep a very low dose though. I know meds arent popular here but they actually helped me heal because in the initial stages of trying out new things that normally cause me pain, i was more brave to go thru the flares that would definitely happen during the first stages of brain/body retraining because i knew i had something to help with those flares. Many of us work full time and we cant afford to be bedridden. When i'm in pain, i can show up to work but i cant think straight, nor can i sleep without some relief. Having rescue meds is better than being suicidal, and trust me, Pudendal Neuralgia and Interstitial Cystitis has a significant suicide rate because of how horrid they are and misunderstood. However, i'm on much less meds than i used to be, so that's a good sign.