1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Elizabeth Bastos, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Elizabeth Bastos

Elizabeth Bastos New Member

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?

I've started a "program" of walking again, now that both kids are back in school. I drop them off and then go for a walk. I love walking, the pace of it, and the breathing. It is energizing and relaxing. I try to go around the track for 2 miles, if it's dry I do a route around the fields where we live. I like seeing wildlife, and listening to podcasts.

The activity I have been avoiding because of the chronic TMJ is eating crunchy foods. I haven't done that in over a year. Carrots scare me. Celery, even steak. I fear my muscles are going to tighten up even more and I'm going to hurt myself more severely than I already am. But I realize the only way out is to "go within." I'm not going to hurt myself eating a carrot! Even as I write it sounds ridiculous, but there you go, welcome to my brain.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Lala

Lala Well known member

Eat lots of carrots with yummy dip! you can do! There is nothing wrong with your jaw! You can do it!