1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Dec 21, 2021.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

The last time I exercised was yesterday. I ran around 8km which took me around 40 mins. I ran faster than I have in months. When I was running I felt like I was letting out a lot of emotion and like my run was healing me in some way. Running is a huge part of my life. It makes me feel strong and powerful. I try to run around 4 times a month and will be joining a half marathon race on New Years Eve.

I for really into strength training earlier this year and was doing a lot less running. I loved it to but I stopped it and haven’t done any since September because of my pain and a hectic work schedule. I thought my shoulder, elbow, wrist and finger pain was caused by my weight lifting and strength training But I now know this isn’t true. I feel almost afraid of using my weights again but I’ve set myself a goal of doing a strength training workout including weights on January 1st. I might even do it earlier, but I just do feel like I’ve got too much on during the Christmas break and I’m so preoccupied with my running training and writing an essay for the course I’m doing.

I also used to love badminton but I haven’t played it in 3 years. This isn’t really due to my pain but because I just haven’t been motivated enough to book i. I’ve set myself a goal of playing badminton at some point in January. I’m also planning to go swimming at some point in January.

I’m a very active person and love lots of different kinds of sports and exercises. I’m going to make a conscious effort to keep doing more of the sports I love in the new year. I’ve already booked a half marathon for next year as well and am considering signing up for 2 more and maybe even my first marathon!

Mr Hip Guy and Baseball65 like this.
  2. Satori

Satori New Member

I want to run again. I am still a bit worried. But I know that is me not fully accepting the TMS diagnosis, so I feel like I should. Thanks for the motivation.