1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jay25172875, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Jay25172875

Jay25172875 Newcomer

I got back in the gym last week to do some weight training this was the first time I felt like I was ready to do so. I love being in the gym as keeping myself fit and strong is a big part of being a police officer, it keeps me safe, my colleagues safe and also the communities I protect, it allows me to run, jump and restrain suspects, its an integral part of my life.

Thinking about it now, the whole time I was working out I was checking in with my symptoms, seeing how my back felt, seeing how, my elbow felt at one stage during my TMS journey I developed pain in my left elbow crease which made it extremely painful to do dumbell curls or pick up my children that bicep curl motion caused severe pain, I think this was the main cause for me stopping the gym however it just disappeared in time and has not yet come back, very strange as I still continued to to lift my children whilst having the pain.

Which if im correct in my thinking makes TMS a more likely diagnosis. Once I had finished weight training I felt great, over the next few days I was waiting for the normal sensation of having worked out to appear they did but in felt to me that the pain was more than it should have been.

I will continue to go to the gym regardless.