1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Exercise and update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 25, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, I am officially off the muscle relaxants, which is great. I slept Ok last night...one anxiety incident which went away fast, one hip pain incident which I realised was work stress, but 8 hours sleep. Hurrah! I exercised yesterday...not a lot, because the osteo treatment was still bothersome and I was exhausted...today we will go for a picnic and I will walk around. I have taken a walk everyday since i had the first incident...my challenge weirdly enough is sitting down for long periods.

My husband put back the hard dining chair in the kitchen, and I am sitting on it now, reasonably fine, no meds, some mild aches. I would like a heating pad or ibuprofen, but I am resisting doing anything of the sort unless it gets unbearable, because I know there is not a darn thing wrong with me. I also had some cathartic moments when journalling...really got angry, and realised I had been driving myself like a little martinet with little self regard. I have self bullied and let others bully me too, so little wonder there is all this rage and anger. I also realised I have carried around a self belief I did not deserve success, and I have had a lot of success in my career, and I wonder if this is self sabotage. I simply refuse to let this beat me...instead I am releasing those toxic emotions, and training my attention on the sub conscious and its illusionary power.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. Don't bully yourself. You're too nice a girl to do that. Your husband loves you and I bet a lot of other people do.

It's great that you're not on meds and am taking walks and going on a picnic. Best of all, you know your pains aren't structural and
    there is nothing wrong with your body. Your pain is from TMS and it looks like that may be mostly because you are a very conscientious person.
    You drive yourself to be too perfect. You know you have had a lot of success in your career. Don't try to be the best in that work. Just do your best.
    I'm sure that is much better than most others.

Keep doing the SEP program and believing in TMS. Breathe deeply and spend as much time as you can enjoying life.

KevinB likes this.
  3. riv44

riv44 Well known member

Thank you abuglet.
    I skipped ahead a bit on the SEP because as Walt said- less journaling and more action! I had gradually faded out of my beloved exercise class last winter because the pain was so bad. I miss the group of women that I had been working out with for a dozen years! I am going to return! I would like to commit to August 1. (thereabouts.) What's the worst that can happen?

KevinB likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, again, riv. I'm really glad to hear that you are setting your mind to returning to that exercise class soon. You may worry about it, fearing you
    may hurt yourself, but go for it! The worst that can happen is you may feel a little pain, or a little more pain. While exercising, keep telling yourself a positie mantra like "I can do this, it's a piece of cake!" and you can take any pain, or may not get any at all. If you do feel pain afterward, soak in a warm bath with some Epsom salts or just soak your feet in some of them. My mother recommended that when I was a boy and had some aches and pains, and it worked. It worked again a few years ago when I fell and hit my lower back on some concrete stairs. I bathed in a warm tub with some Epsom salts twice a day and two days later my back pain was done. Epsom salts are, you may not know, magnesium sulfate, and most everyone is deficient in magnesium because the food we eat is grown in soil that over the years has little or no magnesium in it. Magnesium is essential in the operation of 325 enzymes in our bodies. Read about it in Youtube videos.

Anyway, your post is great. You'll be doing what Steve Ozanich suggests in his great book, The Great Pain Deception. He said he healed from many years of many pains by believing in TMS and going on and playing golf even though it hurt a lot. Soon, he healed completely from TMS belief and exercise.

riv44 likes this.