1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Alan Gordon Episode 1 - The Pain-Fear Cycle

Discussion in 'Tell Me About Your Pain Q&A' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Hi all,
    In episode 2 of our pain recovery podcast, we talk about how TMS pain develops, what causes it to persist, and what you need to do to break the cycle.
    We also talk with real chronic pain sufferers to examine how this plays out in the real world.

If you had any comments or questions about the episode, post them below. I'll be checking this thread periodically.

Here’s the link to episode 2:

https://www.curablehealth.com/podcast/breaking-the-pain-cycle (What’s the key to breaking the pain cycle?)

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent, Alan, thanks so much for posting these! I've already given this one a listen and found it very helpful (I subscribed on my Android phone). I'll post some thoughts tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  3. ducklingone

ducklingone Newcomer

I am in a constant state of fear in places I should feel safe. Specifically at Work and my new house are where I feel all my anxiety, out of body feeling and pain sensations. Work wasn’t an issue before and I’ve been there 4 years. But in many other places, I don’t notice these issues. I have tried so many mind body techniques and I really don’t know what else to do anymore.

4. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi Alan, thank you so much for doing this podcast and sharing the experience from your patients. I guess my main struggle has been to establish a way to not neglect the taking care of myself and to avoid falling back into the trap of TMS. Is there a toolkit that could be developt as a first aid kit in short with the main steps laid out? As in: the breathing technique, somatic tracking and so on that one should do on a everyday regular basis and things we can do now and then not necessarily every day? When I recover from a symptom and if it shows up again, if it hasn't happened for a while it takes me time before I find the way I helped myself last time. Since the brain uses different masks, the same technique doesn't help me every time.