1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 16 Enrique's Success Story

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by douggie, Nov 29, 2016.

1. douggie

douggie Peer Supporter

Like Enrique, I suffered from loss of income due to RSI in my hands, wrists and forearms (I quit my job and went traveling because I thought the stress was causing the RSI and the lower back pain). I remember that my therapist at the time recommended that I check out Sarno's book and theories, but I told him I didn't believe in any of that new age crap. Fast forward 4 years, and I was still developing new pain syndromes (neck and foot pain). Finally I remember looking for answers as I had tried everything (ayurveda, psysiatrists, physical therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, hand surgeons, etc) and came upon Sarno's theories again online. I decided to give it a go and I think within a week or so I was 40% better (I could sit longer in a chair, and my hands didn't have the achy feeling they usually get which prevents me from working, and my neck pain is gone). I'm still working the program and hoping that I will continue to see improvement.

Enrique likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Douggie. I am so glad to see that you are improving and you no longer have neck pain. You apparently are discovering the repressed emotions or personality traits (perfectionism, goodism) that are causing your other pains. Be confident that TMS and the SEProgram will heal you. The stronger you believe, the better.

I hope you are deep breathing and meditating, and finding ways to relax and enjoy yourself.