1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Sarno DVDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Mar 15, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Does anyone have the Dr. Sarno DVDs? They're $89 so price is a bit steep. I'm thinking of getting them anyway and wondered if anyone on here has them and what you think of them.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Veronica,

I have a copy on VHS. Basically, the tapes just show what Dr. Sarno does in his regular lecture. In some sense, the tapes are excellent in that they show you exactly what you would see if you were lucky enough to have Dr. Sarno as your doctor and could go to his lecture. On the other hand, he's pretty much saying exactly what he says in his books. In terms of whether to buy it, I think that it depends on whether you think it would really help to see a video of his actual presentation. He's a very powerful and confident person, so it might. If not, I think you might get more "bang for the buck" by getting any of his books that you don't already have (except for Mind Over Back Pain, which was replaced by Healing Back Pain and therefore isn't as helpful, at least from what I gather). Another cheaper idea might be to get the audiobook version so you can listen during your commute or at other times. Sometimes it takes a lot of repetition for the ideas to really sink in.

Alternatively, I do have a copy of the VHS tapes, and if you promise to mail them back when you're done, I could mail them to you. You can click on my icon to send me a personal message if you're interested. (I don't recommend posting any personally identifiable information in the public forum.)

Mari likes this.
  3. veronica73

Thanks, Forest! I actually don't have a VCR but it's good to hear that they're helpful. I find Dr. Sarno's voice very comforting so I might look into the audio version. Is that linked from the wiki?

4. Forest

It is now! Check out the following:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Audiobooks

I just made the page tonight and will add more free options tomorrow (mostly MP3s, though, so if you don't have a smartphone or iPod or aren't near a computer, the new info won't help).

Mari likes this.
  5. Forest

For anyone who prefers CDs, it looks like Healing Back Pain, narrated by Dr. Sarno himself, is the best (I think it's narrated by him; I just ordered my copy). I also have Dr. Schechter's CDs, listened to them a long time ago, and thought they were quite good. He gets it, too.

Mari likes this.
  6. veronica73

Thanks, Forest!

7. veronica73

oh, and it looks like the audiobook for healing back pain (narrated by Dr. Sarno) is available to download from itunes.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm going to order the DVDs of Dr. Sarno's Healing Back Pain from one of the sellers of used copies on amazon.com
    They're only about $15 used. Steve Ozanich says he liked Dr. Sarno's soothing voice narrating the book.

Mari likes this.
  9. Lori

Lori Well known member

Dr. Sarno speaks with certainty and conviction--which is great.

Mari likes this.
  10. Day-Cee

Day-Cee Peer Supporter

I contacted the producer last week and he was willing to offer me a discount. However yesterday I found a used copy on Amazon. I just ordered it! Can't wait to receive the DVD.

I'm sure it won't be much different than the Audio book (which I already have), I'm very excited... :D

Forest likes this.