1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Sarno Documentary - Story of Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Enrique, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Hi,

I posted about Michael Galinsky in the recent past (on our old forum). He's makes documentaries and has had some success with his last one, Battle for Brooklyn.

In a previous article, he mentioned his intention to produce a documentary on non other than Dr. Sarno. Well, it seems that he's pretty serious about it. Here's an article that I just found which mentions that he is trying to find investors to fund it: Article

Cross your fingers. I think it would be incredible to have a film like this made.

Enrique

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow - my fingers are firmly crossed, Enrique!
    Jan

Enrique likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The 20/20 segment has played a huge part in raising awareness for PPD. Could you just imagine what a movie about it would do.

Enrique likes this.
  4. marjrc

marjrc New Member

That would be such great publicity and raise awareness. I'd love this!

Enrique likes this.
  5. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

This is awesome and would reach more people. And they wouldn't be hearing it from US (I've had trouble with this) - but from Dr. Sarno himself.

6. samanthaloveslife

samanthaloveslife New Member

Wouldn't that be fantastic! Sometimes I feel there is nothing to back our corner. I feel we are way ahead of the game plan and the world is slow to catch up! It would be nice to have something to refer to when explaining the symtoms. I am tired of the quizzical looks when trying to explain TMS. Maybe we could do something to show our support for the movie?

7. Enrique

An update on this.... From an interview with Galinsky.

Complicated? Sounds like it... But I can't wait to see how it will come together!

veronica73 likes this.
  8. Pandamonium

Pandamonium Well known member

Wow, very interesting and a great project for Dr Sarno in his retirement! This could be huge.

9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey folks, I just found quite a gem. It turns out that Galinsky and his partner have a blog for the film!

Here's the link:
    http://storyofpain.com/

It includes a video interview of Galinsky as he discusses the project. It takes place at the 2011 Independent Documentary Association awards gala. He describes his own recent bout with TMS, and the way that the mainstream media has shamelessly neglected to cover this approach.

(YouTube provides an embed code, so I assume that it's okay to embed it here.)​

veronica73 and Enrique like this.
  10. Enrique

Hey! Great! Not sure how I missed that, but that's awesome. Thanks for posting.

11. JoelA

JoelA Peer Supporter

Any updates on this documentary? Also, it would be great to get SteveO (or any of the MDs) to a TED-talk. That's surely a forum that would be open to the TMS-theory further raising awareness.

12. Enrique

I saw this posted on their FB page a few days ago.

"Get ready! The kickstarter for the Story of Pain is coming to you in less than one month!!"

13. quert

quert Guest

14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It's hard to get backers for anything these days but it would be great to have a video about Sarno and TMS.

15. Caroline Rumur

Caroline Rumur Well known member

Hey Everyone! It's so wonderful to hear that you are interested in our documentary about Sarno, TMS and the mindbody connection!

Anne Walker and Forest like this.
  16. JoelA

JoelA Peer Supporter

Hey storyofpain. Good to see you here on the forum.

I am so much looking forward to this documentary. Hopefully it can contribute to the spreading and validation of this theory. I am certain that a invariably thorough, well-researched and easy-to-grasp documentary can act as the driver the TMS-community so desperately needs to be able to bring forth the true cause of our societies health problems to the public. I am hoping for the power that "Home" had for awareness in the environmental community (which is an awesome doc well worth anyones time).

But. I also see risks in a documentary and I would really like to take the opportunity to convey my thoughts on this, if you do not mind.

1. First off, there is a knifesharp balance for a documentary like this to "tell it all" and/or falling down in into the "everything is a conspiracy" pigeonhole or seen upon as some new age bulls*it. It would be a disaster.

2. Another risk as I see it is the sorta "selling mode" that permeates the 20/20-section. For me; I feel that I cannot show that clip to friends and/or family as it is bordering to TVShop with some guy selling a new medical approach.

/Joel

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
    Enrique likes this.
  17. Caroline Rumur

Hello Joel,
    It is so great to hear your excitement about the film! We have the same hopes for the film, and completely understand your concerns. This documentary could not be in better hands! Please check out some of the other documentaries RUMUR has done in the past so you can see the kind of work we produce. http://rumur.com The Kickstarter will be launched in a few weeks and you will be able to view the trailer then so you can get a feel for the film.

Forest likes this.
  18. Chuck

Chuck Peer Supporter

I am looking forward to seeing the trailer! Telling people's stories seems like it will be more genuine and moving. I'm curious, did you interview only Dr. Sarno or did you also speak with other TMS practitioners? It is exciting to see more and more practitioners further develop Dr. Sarno's work.

Enrique and Forest like this.
  19. Caroline Rumur

Hey Chuck!
    So glad to hear of your interest! The doc will feature interviews with Dr.Sarno as well as many other practitioners, some include Dr. Gabor Mate, Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Dennis Turk, and others. We also feature patients of Dr.Sarno including Larry David, Jonathan Ames and more.

Enrique and Forest like this.
  20. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

The response for the documentary on Dr. Sarno is exciting. We're all eager to see it.