1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Sarno and Dr. Rashbaum saved my life!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by NJS36, Dec 28, 2019.

1. NJS36

NJS36 Newcomer

I saw both doctors back in 1993. I had drop foot, could barely walk and in horrible pain. Long story short, I read Dr. Sarno's first book, called him and got his associate Dr. Rashbaum. I was told to get an MRI and read the book. Once I did that, I saw Dr. R. He confirmed I had TMS but the mere fact that my pain didn't match up with my nerve endings convinced me. Hard to explain. I saw Dr. Sarno's seminar. Anne Bancroft and Mel Brooks were in the seminar before us and we saw them walk out. I was one of Dr. Rashbaum's first patients and he wrote about me in Dr. Sarno's second book. I am basically pain-free of back pain but, I do continue to have issues such as numbness, tingling, etc. I know that I'm a worrier about everything. I refer back to Healing Back Pain whenever I feel this way. I still keep in touch with Dr. R. A great man and doctor.

2. NJS36

NJS36 Newcomer

I still worry, worry, worry, about everything yet I live a good life. I know to let those worries go and if I feel pain, I have to take some deep breaths, understand it's mental, not physical and move on! I wish you all well! <3

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi NJS36, and Welcome!

Thanks for your success story entry.

I have not noticed many "drop foot" cases in the TMS literature, and I think it is important for others to see this. I added that tag.

I also appreciate that you still struggle some, but that you can reassure yourself, and that really you are OK! I think your explanation of how you deal with symptoms and worries is very helpful, especially from you, a "veteran."

Andy