1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Lissa Rankin article: "Repressing The Real You Makes You Sick (For Real)"

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Apr 3, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Lori and Enrique like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This was a great article! While it didn't mention it outright, I think the underlying theme of it is to accept who we are and the emotions that we have. Both of these can be hard for TMSers. I loved the line, I make the assertion that caring for your body is the least important part of your health and that expressing your true self in all aspects of your life is the most important part.

Great stuff.

veronica73 likes this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

That was good. Thanks for posting.

4. veronica73

A great Lissa Rankin quote (not in the article): "The secret to watching your health conditions disappear- get in alignment with your truth in all aspects of your life. Be unapologetically YOU and stop trying to be who you think everyone else wants you to be."

Beach-Girl likes this.
  5. Lori

Lori Well known member

Wow, great article; thanks for posting. Not familiar with this person but I'm now looking forward to getting her new book when its released. Glad this type of information is showing up more and more so people can see we hold the key to our own health. I loved the TED talk too.

The book entitled "Truth Heals" by Deborah King came to mind when I read this article (she healed cancer).

:)

6. HilaryN

HilaryN New Member

7. Ollin

Ollin Peer Supporter

Love it, HilaryN.
    I know that I repress POSITIVE emotions too: don't often express joy, freedom or love - out of fear of embarassment, other peoples' judgment etc. I guess it doesn't matter what the emotion is - anger or bliss - it's just energy that when trapped will create tension and illness. I probably should've started by learning to fly my freak flag - safer than dealing with inner rage.

8. veronica73

I do this too. Another great author is Susan "SARK" Kennedy--she writes a lot about the fear of being "too much"--too happy, sad, angry, etc.

9. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

I let my freak flag fly - for the most part. I saw myself in the article. But still, accepting who I am can be a challenging issue for me. I'm an animal communicator and this doesn't always sit well with others. Or so I thought. Now I'm teaching AC for beginners. I've had a huge response! I teach through a local arts school here and last term turned in the biggest class they had all term! And that was with cancellations due to weather.

Lesson? I'm not a freak. I have spent a lot of time learning a skill that some may question is "real" but others crave to learn.

So let it fly baby!

BG

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Lissa Rankin is awesome, so I thought I'd repost this article and see what you think.