1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Dr. Hanscom's blog posts unlocked

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, all...

I had a great talk with Dr. David Hanscom on Sunday. He is a neurosurgeon in Oregon who overcame his own TMS and has started treating his own patients with a TMS approach after seeing a presentation by Dr. Schubiner, whom he keeps in touch with. I haven't had a chance to read his book yet, but I believe that he is one of us - that he has been through it himself and is genuinely interested in helping people. As I understand it, his approach focuses on how anxiety leads to anger, which leads to pain. He also talks about how we can break that cycle to live more fulfilled lives.

Anyway, he gave the PPD/TMS Peer Network permission to repost any of his blog posts, and we've reposted a number of his blog posts in our Practitioner Content forum. They've actually been there for a while, but now they are unlocked, which will make it easier for us to discuss them.

Hope you enjoy them!

F

Susan and veronica73 like this.