1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

DOWNTON ABBEY LOCKED OUT OF TV AWARDS

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Sep 23, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks. I'll skip it. I just do not like most Hollywood movies and tv.
    I enjoy most of the old movies and the new movies and tv from England and some other countries.

2. Becca

Becca Well known member

Good to know, Ellen. I am all for fantastic acting and writing but I also love a good character I am able to either relate to or care about in some way. In fact many of the shows I love and religiously follow are the ones with questionable writing (really, Grey's Anatomy, do you really need to kill off another doctor in a freak accident?) or have some pretty shoddy acting, yet the characters are just beloved to me.

Walt, have you seen the film Philomena? It came out very recently and was just beautiful. I think you'd really like it.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'm looking forward to seeing Philomena. I wait until movies are out on DVD and rent them from Netflix.

I'm a big Judi Dench fan.

4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

I've just watched the first 18 episodes of Good Wife (over 3 days) and am so grateful I didn't become a lawyer or marry a politician. One of the best things about watching tv is getting to live other lives vicariously. A chance to appreciate my own life much more than I usually do.

This is going to sound weird but I loved the Canadian tv series Trailer Park Boys. Yet Breaking Bad feels like a wasteland to me. Go figure. Anybody else like the British series Absolutely Fabulous? Another bunch of sickos but so funny.

I also loved Downton Abbey for the first couple of seasons but they lost me completely when the family decided they had to stay rich because their servants, etc. needed their direction and leadership. Gimme a break. The reality was those "beneath stairs" people worked at least 14 hours a day for a pittance and no discernible benefit to anybody but a bunch of fat cat toffs. Don't mind me and my peasant roots.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

like Ballykissangel, too. I rented the DVDs from Netflix.

DOWNTON ABBEY SEASON 4 is not letting me down. I like the new stories and people and it keeps
    me wondering what's going to happen next and to whom. Maggie Smith keeps giving out with
    wonderful wit and wisdom. I do wish Mary's suitors were hotter and better-looking.