1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Doubting TMS (not in general, but at the moment)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by maxpower, Jan 16, 2021.

1. maxpower

maxpower New Member

I've been a ten-year TMS sufferer. I've gone through pelvic pain, nerve burning, shoulder pain, and most recently, terrible stomach pain.

But...in 2018, I had terrible back pain that I THOUGHT was TMS, only for an MRI to show not only a herniated disc, but a RUPTURED disc.

Back to the present...I'm a very active person. Tons of skiing, mountain biking and lifting. During a period of heavy stress, I had terrible stomach pain from September until early January. That's when I got a colonoscopy, endoscopy, and even a CT scan which showed everything was fine. Pain disappeared, but last week, during another bout of high stress, it came back with a vengeance. I woke up Friday morning with terrible stomach pain and NO back pain. But shortly after waking, I reached across a desk to raise the blinds, and BAM, my back went. And at the same time, my stomach pain disappeared. Forty eight hours later, still no stomach pain, but still terrible back pain. I know all signs point to TMS and the symptom imperative, but if my pain is so similar to the ruptured disc in 2018, why SHOULDN'T I think it's another problem with the disc?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

It's probably a back spasm