1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Doing two things at once?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Marla, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

I was thinking on my walk just now that my reactions to dealing with husbands BPD is what brought back TMS.

We are taught in what's called Stopping the Bleeding, to let the BPDer be right, to agree with them even if we think we are right. It's to stop bad communication and anger issues. Step 1 of a bunch of steps.

You do move on from that to other ways but you start there to I guess plug the hole in the damn before it bursts.

I am a strong willed person so trying to follow this and stuff my feelings this past month I think brought back TMS.

The only way I figure I can follow both is to tell myself, husband means well, and to talk to support friends and journal emotions.

By the way, on my walk back started hurting after only 3 houses, I was tempted to go back home since I leave for work soon but I didn't I told myself it is TMS and emotional stuff causing it. About 1/2 mile later all pain gne and didn't come back. I walk around my large block which includes hills is 2 miles.

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Having to agree with someone all the time will definitely cause TMS. Of course you don't have to stop agreeing with your husband, as it sounds like the Stopping the Bleedings steps may be having a positive effect. All you really need to do is to recognize that you do have intense emotions and anger. As it sounds like you have been able to realize, simply recognizing your symptoms as TMS and keep going about your day will lead to relief. Keep up the great work. You are on the right path!