1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Does your period rule your life?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dakota, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello!
    I found out that my period is ruling my days. My pain and my anxiety increase. During the priod, right afeter the period, then in the post ovulation, and during the days just before the beginning of the period. It's like I feel really good jus a couple of days in a month. Otherwise, the period is the owner. it's exhausting. My father is a gynecologist, we tried with some hormones but it was horrible. Now, growing up. I feel that feeling umconfortable due to the period is something " normal". The exams are ok. So, they say " hormones ups and downs are going to affect your nervous system and other aspects of your body. But nobody - neither my therapist- understand that there is a deep deep deep connection between body and mind. Especially beacuse I was sexual abused when I was 4 and this - I'm sure - comes to the surface also and especially through the most feminine part of my energy: the period. I had other traumas related to the reproductive organs, so to me is so clear. At a rational level. But, aside from all the things I'm doing to heal, sometimes I feel very frustrated amd exhausted.
    Anyone with the same sitution?
    Thank you!

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I had some abuse when i was a teenager - and have suffered greatly with polycistic ovaries and hydrosalpinx - so lots of pain when i ovulate - after 15 years or so of chronic pain for 5-8 days a month - - they finally found a tablet that works! yay! But all the rest of the symptoms and pain of period were greatly helped by TMS work. So - do the TMS work and see if it helps. It also may help to get good counselling for dealing with the emotional residue of the abuse.... I have had therapy at different times - but many did nothing - it is important to find the right person/therapy that actually resonates with you... But by doing the TMS work you are taking control of your body and mind - and you are the wise one for that! Be kind to yourself and work out what steps are best for you. Good luck.

Ellen likes this.
  3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Thank you, so appreciated. Me too polycistic ovaries. After an abortion - yep - I found a therapyst that in a while understood that I had the TMS for many reasons that weren't related to the period. I'm sure she knows that also my menstrual syndrome is part of the tMS, but as she always says, you need to go through the program also and especially talking to other people. And so I did. And I'm so glad you shared your experience with me. Thank you <3

4. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

You're welcome - often we feel like we are the only one with this or that problem and it feels like life is out to get us (especially if we have resentment issues!!) but when we find others have similar problems - it actually lets us feel more normal - we are only human! The most important thing (imho) is to be kind to yourself!!