1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have any particularly good on line meditation programs or videos from youtube?

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Pilot in pain, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Pilot in pain

Pilot in pain Peer Supporter

Not a meditation expert by any means but curious if anyone has any solid on line youtube vids that are helpful to listen to on a regular basis?

Thanks.

2. aa3405

aa3405 Peer Supporter

The Chopra center has an audio collection of meditations. I liked them.

3. mr tms

mr tms New Member

Search you tube for relaxation videos, guided imagery, healing meditation, PASSIVE progressive muscle relaxation, etc. There are dozens and dozens. You will have to filter through and see what is relaxing to you (particular voice types, music, etc) as some were quite grating on me. Now, I regularly switch and/or find new ones as I get bored with one. Happy hunting!

Also, I would recommend listening with headphones about 30 min before you go to sleep. Then, let yourself drift off to sleep whenever ready.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Listening before going to sleep is a great idea. And don't forget to breathe deeply while listening.

5. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

There are Meditation and Relaxation sections under the Media tab in this TMS Forum too, Pilot:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/media/category/meditation.13/

They are linked to YouTube where there are of course many more guided meditations.

I think the four guided meditations on the CD enclosed in the jacket of Unlearn Your Pain by Howard Schubiner are quite good too when paired with the TMS recovery program in that book. There is also a 5th guided meditation you can download from Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain web site:

http://www.unlearnyourpain.com/index.php?Unlearn Your Pain Book

Ellen likes this.
  6. Pilot in pain

I have listened to a small army of them on Youtube but I was curious was there any that were geared specifically to TMS that helped focus in on the issues we all have etc. Thanks for the links. I will check them all out.

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi Pilot, have you listened to Clare Weeks audio, I find it very helpful. Just love
    looking at that little bundle you've got! Stay with it, you'll be just fine. Nancy

8. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, Pilot, the Howard Schubiner guided meditations are specifically focused on issues associated with TMS. If you do the program in the Unlearn Your Pain workbook, the meditations on the CD reinforce the written exercises contained therein. Schubiner's program is very similar to the Structured Education Program (SEP) on TMS Wiki that I gather you have been doing recently. More detailed, more focused, more ISDTP, with basically the same goal though.

9. nancy

nancy Well known member

Were you able to find Clare Weeks audio's? You may find them so very helpful, Please be
    well, and don't get discouraged, you will beat this! I fly a lot and need you to get me there!!
    Nancy.

10. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Alan Gordon has a free 8 minute meditation in his recovery program:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program#Mindfulness
    You can listen to it in your web browser at the above link or you can download it to your MP3 player using the following link:

Click here to download the mp3 audio

He pauses for short chunks of time and the recording goes silent. Don't worry, he's just giving you time. If you like, we could probably upload it to a YouTube, but you should be able to listen to it in your browser using the above links.

If you are willing to buy a CD, the CD that comes with Unlearn Your Pain is excellent. Another option would be one of the CDs from the Harvard affiliated Benson Henry Institute of Mass General Hospital. The institute was founded by Herbert Benson, a Harvard professor and the discoverer of the relaxation response. Their CDs can be purchased here:
    http://www.mghgeneralstore.com/scented-body-care.html
    Short samples here:
    http://www.massgeneral.org/bhi/store/
    Here's some info on the Relaxation Response by the Wikipedia article about it: (reproduced with permission)

11. Pilot in pain

I am still not exactly clear on how the dialogue journaling is meant to be. If you are meant to dialogue a topic on your list, who are you dialogging with exactly? Is it a point counter point or trying to explain an outsiders opinion on your problem etc? I have been able to get good stuff down in the journaling but the dialogging is still confusing me.

12. Pilot in pain

Oh and thanks for the links! I have them all on my mp3 player and will give them all a listen!

13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Pilot, I dialogue to myself.
    I'm a good listener.

14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

But you could dialogue to anyone who might be giving you TMS pain.
    If your brother is, tell him in your journal about how you felt about something
    that went down between you. or you father or mother or boss or anyone.

It can help you to put yourself in their shoes. Understanding can come from this,
    then forgiveness. Forgive them and forgive yourself.

But again, don't journal or think of repressed emotions too much any day.
    And I prefer not either a few hours before bedtime.

If the baby keeps you awake at night, don't think about TMS.

Just do some deep breathing and visualize you're on vacation, somewhere
    beautiful and peaceful.

15. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Walt has it just right, Pilot. You can also dialog with people who have died. Your journal is a safe place in which to say whatever you need to. I also use it to jot down helpful things that I discover in various TMS books.
    Love the baby photo ;) My baby is now 20 and away at college!

16. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

SoundsTrue.com has tons of great resources. I'm especially fond of Jon Kabat Zinn's stuff and Martin Rossman too.

17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

MontanaMom likes this.
  18. kendraburns

kendraburns Newcomer

I really like shamanic drumming and breath work. This link was one I liked:

And this new video was just shared with me that was a good easy introduction to meditation breathwork:

There are also many decent free meditation apps out there like calm, headspace, ego-less and insight timer!