1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 Doctors

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Endless luke, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

What was the most disheartening thing a doctor has told you about your symptoms? In what ways have you kept that in your mind?

It's all been disheartening but I do remember a doctor nonchalantly giving up. He said something like "sometimes these things heal sometimes they never go away". He talked to me for about 20 minutes before this and then walked away. I just felt like no one took the time to really analyze it or take some responsibility for getting me better. It's like they had a flowchart in their head for every condition and if you didn't fit within the flowchart then you were wasting their time.

2. Calum

Calum Well known member

Hi Luke, I've heard similar, and I know someone who was told by a physio that she would never be able to run without pain again. She is now running daily without any problems. Its like if they can't cure you they refuse to see it as their failure, they instead blame you or the condition and label it "incurable" which is plain nonsense.

I find the best way is just to not take them seriously, I've made a promise to myself that if a doctor ever tries to tell me that using a computer will hurt me again I'll simply laugh at them and walk out.

Endless luke likes this.