1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Do i have tms ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by nelle, Aug 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

this is so hard to answer , do i have tms ?

I have had strange pressure in my head , sensation like my scalp has shrunk . burning sensation strange crawly spider feelings , heavy head for over a year and a half after coming of medication . I have experienced it once before in my life when i came of medication before . My head never feels normal , even when im relaxed . This all happened after having sever coxics pain for over two years , to the point i couldn't sit down . This passed after having shiatsu treatment . In the past i have had problems that are suggested to be tms . Such as chronic fatigue and stomach problems. i read doc sarnos mind body prescription and proceeded to try to put the book into action . i found after a week i was getting lower and lower in mood .i Tried to spend an hour a day writing about things that made me angry so as to become conscious of unconscious anger . But i just ended up feeling out of control , stuck and my head sensations were unbearable. I Guess my worry is that im causing myself more stress trying to affect the problem , than when i try to ignore it or except the situation . Any advice i would really appreciate . Thank you Nel x

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi Nelle,

I suffer from migraines. Some of the pain medication makes my scalp tingle so I'm not sure if it's that or you could be experiencing a migraine w/o the throbbing pain. Migraines come in a variety of ways. Sometimes in kids they get upset stomachs that are actually migraines with no throbbing pain. Do you feel cranky and are you sensitive to lights or sounds? Do you feel nauseous? Is your vision ok? It could be a migraine.
    My head never feels normal either. I always have strange sensations in it 24/7. It's maddening sometimes but I know it's TMS.
    The Structured Educational Program on tmswiki.org has helped me a lot. Have you looked into that? It has journaling exercises almost every day but it's only for 20 minutes. 1 hour seems like a long time to journal. Maybe that was too much pressure for you.
    The Structured Education Program also has a forum and a lot of people on there say that journaling would get them more upset and even depressed because they were bringing up a lot of emotions from the past.
    It wasn't like that for me. Sometimes it was daunting because I felt like I was writing the same thing over and over but most times it felt nice. Also, I couldn't do it every day. It was too much. So, maybe take a break here and there.
    The advice on the SEP is to not put a time limit or monitor your healing. Me easy on yourself. It takes time but if it's TMS and you are persistent you will have success.

Best Wishes,
    Ines

3. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Thanks for your reply Ines , thats kind . I really dont think its migraine im not sensitive to light and sound and my eye sight is very good. Most of the time i would not describe it as pain but very unusual pressure and irritating sensation. Maybe i should look in to trying the wiki but im daunted by focussing on bad things when i already feel pushed to the limit.

Nelle x

Yinlin likes this.