1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

DIY EMDR video

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Endless luke, Jul 9, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

I've been using this twice a day for a bit over a week and find it relaxing. In fact a few times it put me straight to sleep.

Usually people seem to need to note that for some situations it's best to do with EMDR with a therapist- no doubt that's true. Free resources that you can use when you need to are also a good thing.

myg likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I love videos like this. Of course, using a therapist is probably the best way to do EMDR, but it can also be very useful to have a guide to do it on your own. I haven't tried EMDR personally, but I think it can be a great technique for people to utilize. I'm curious have you ever done EFT as well?

I'm not sure if you have seen it, but Beach-Girl wrote her own DIY EMDR page a while back. It is at http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Do_it_yourself_EMDR,_by_beach-girl

3. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Forest,
    Thanks for pointing out the link- I think it's an extremely interesting idea and experimented with it a bit yesterday. I'd like to keep trying before I make a judgement but I'm hopeful about it.

4. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Thanks for posting this Luke! I just wanted to say that you've given further evidence to my believe that there is no such thing as coincidence! I haven't been on the forum much lately in an effort to make sure that it's not just becoming my newest distraction/obsession. I was not in a good place in my head today, and of course my TMS symptoms followed suit so I decided to pay the forum a visit. EMDR is the type of therapy I've been thinking about trying once I secure a new job. I loved Francine Shapiro's book and I've done quite a bit of the leg work already trying to identify some of my unprocessed memories. I'm a do it yourself-er at heart so I was doing the leg work thinking the progress would go much quicker (and cheaper) if I already had some memories identified. I never thought to look online for a video aide with the actual rapid eye movement portion of the treatment. This was just what I needed today, just the positive messages and soothing sounds alone left me much more calm and relaxed! Thanks again!!

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey, Leslie, well, we sure missed you but kudos to you for taking care of yourself! It's always important to find balance, and I'm sure that you will find it.

As a little bit of background, the following videos were made by TMS author Dr. James Alexander for his patients who do EMDR:
    They're a bit long, so please don't try to watch them all at once unless you feel like it. But, over the long term, it's always worth investing in yourself.​