1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Discussing Steve Ozanich's The Great Pain Deception (Prologue & Ch. 1)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Becca, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Becca

Becca Well known member

There's something incredibly powerful and unique in getting advice from a peer, someone who has shared a similar experience and journey as you. This Tuesday (August 20th), the call-in discussion group will be starting to explore the TMS book The Great Pain Deception, written by Steve Ozanich, who overcame thirty years of pain using the TMS approach. We'll be starting at the very beginning, with the Prologue and Chapter One (T M S - The Mindbody Syndrome).

Since Forest is away, Eric "Herbie" Watson will be running the discussion. The official recorded discussion will start at 9pm Eastern Time (6pm Pacific Time), with an optional, very informal conversation 30 min or so beforehand. Quick connection details are as follows (for more in-depth info, visit go.tmswiki.org/connect):
    • If you are connecting via telephone, dial 1 347 817 7654. When prompted, enter the meeting number 18311499 .
    • If you are connecting via your computer (using the Fuze Meeting application), go to https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is going to be a good discussion guys.
    I know we have a lot of Steve ozanich fans out there.
    It would be awesome to get some points of view
    and thoughts about this awesome book from our Tms Community.
    Call in and give us your thought, we will love to hear them and
    this Book by Steveo is so full of Exciting things to talk about.
    I cant wait to get started. I love to hear the voices and thoughts
    of my Tmswiki friends. Cant wait to hear from you guys.
    Till then, waiting in anticipation.
    Eric Herbie Watson

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I'll call in a half hour before and join the session at 9 pm.
    Wouldn't miss an Ozanich session.
    I hope a lot of others will call in and take part.

Becca likes this.
  4. Becca

Becca Well known member

Just a reminder that the discussion group is tonight! Feel free to call in early for a (very) informal and optional check-in. Herbie will be opening up the lines around 8:30pm ET, but the official, recorded discussion of The Great Pain Deception will start at 9pm ET. Don't forget to log into the chatroom at www.tmswiki.org/chat as well. Hope to hear you there!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

I'll call in at 8:30 pm central time.

I've re-read the prologue of THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION and am re-reading chapter One now.
    I've already learned a lot from it and it makes it clearer to me what I'm repressing. It goes back to
    my folks divorcing when I was about seven, then she married again fast, after a year left him and
    remarried my father, then he died when I was 21 and she married his brother who was an alcoholic
    and full of anger from two previous marriages. So I had FOUR fathers and no wonder it left me with
    security problems. My back pain came on about two years ago when my best friends nearby divorced.
    I had lost being part of another family and it brought back old insecurity and anger.

Now I know all this, I believe TMS will heal the rest of my back ache.

Becca likes this.
  6. Becca

Becca Well known member

So glad you're going to join us! Just verifying - did you mean you're going to call in at 8:30pm Eastern Time (7:30pm Central Time)?

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yea- im getting ready too
    Ill have the lines ready at 8:30 Eastern

8. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi folks,

Here's the audio from our discussion on Tuesday. We had some technical difficulties during the call but I was able to edit them out of the recording. A huge thanks to Herbie for facilitating such an interesting discussion!

As always, you can listen to the recording using the audio player below, or you can download it as an mp3 by right-clicking on this link (or the link below the player) and choosing to save it to to your computer. Enjoy!

Click here to download the mp3 audio

9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, Becca. That's great.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks becca, its cool
    Man Walt thanks for all the lessons
    Ninfa the stories untold-

Lots of stuff to talk about

I laughed at Walts storys, incredible.
    Becca some content was left from the blackout
    it was the best content- This is really all round good

Learning, relationship, laughs and mess-ups

good show - Seriously :)

Becca likes this.
  11. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I enjoyed listening. It helps me feel more connected to those who take part. Great questions, Eric. Maybe some of these questions can be used as topics for new forum threads. Look forward to next week's installment. I barely noticed any of the technical difficulties you guys had.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Becca like this.
  12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks yb44, that means a lot to me.
    Yes it would make for some good Topics, thanks.

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

So were on BruceMC as opener and ill lead with
    our disclaimer and questions, giving examples
    I could send out the questions by Monday afternoon
    Although with bruce back he knows this book
    and Walt knows and studies so I might not need send-
    So we just go for it and shoot from the mind.

Although truly if you'd like to ponder the questions ill
    have em ready-
    The questions can be a boggler of tms healing wealth

This is for you too Walt.

Thanks Guys

14. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Hey, it's a gorgeous Saturday in Ohio. I just signed in here and I saw this thread. I didn't get a chance to listen to the audio but if anyone has any questions please let me know. It has been interesting to see how people translate, or view things. If I can help, let me know, otherwise I will stay out of the way.

Forest asked me a few weeks back to come by and talk one day. I've been on round one of an international book campaign for TMS, for the past 3 months. That phase ended last week. We're pulling back to let people digest what was thrown at them, and then we'll start round two. So it's a good time to get back here to the Wiki. I've been plugging this site every time I get a chance in interviews. It's the central hub for TMS, many doctors I've spoken to, and many people, including those in other countries, come here to learn. So don't think that you're not helping here, because you are, much more than you may realize. Dr. Sarno has talked about this place too.

I'll try to post some of the 40 interviews that I've done once I figure out how. Healing comes through personal revelations that shed light on things that would prefer to remain hidden. And different things shed light in different ways for different people, so it's important to display all information. Bu--it has to be accurate information. There's too much confusion, and TMS feeds off of confusion.

Steve

Becca likes this.
  15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Steve Ozanich- Healing comes through personal revelations that shed light on things that would prefer to remain hidden.

Eric)- Correct ...

Steve Ozanich- I'll try to post some of the 40 interviews

Eric)- For real, that'll be awesome man

Steve Ozanich- Forest asked me a few weeks back to come by and talk one day

Eric)- Cant wait to hear your new talk, I got so much out of your other interview with forest
    Is that the only one we have, we need more Steve..... God bless.....

Ps.... Listen to the Audio, as different personalities as we have Im sure you'll love the discussion.

I only wish you the best on that tour brother, keep em learning

16. Becca

Becca Well known member

I agree with Herbie, that would be awesome! If you want I can help you out with posting them here on the forum...what format are they in?