1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Depression no energy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Steve B, Jun 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Steve B

Steve B New Member

• Hi have been put on lexapro for a month but still feel no energy back pain better when feeling depressed now worry more about the depression than my back dad passed away 2 month ago as well any help greatly appreciated hard to do regular stuff feeling no energy etc thx much sb

IrishSceptic likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Steve

I lost my dad and I was hoping threw alot and still am after 5 yes. All I can tell that I was on lexapro and it did help me but it took 10 weeks or so before I had any energy. But once you get that energy you need to find positive things for you to keep that ball rolling and get of the lexapro.

At some point u need to get in touch with your feelings and being on lexapro will not make that happen

IrishSceptic and Markus like this.
  3. Steve B

Steve B New Member

I agree w you thx don't have allot of patience and always worried and now it shows slight shakes etc hate taking the pills working hard on getting in touch want to work out of this to become a better and happier person job very stressful but have a contract thx again

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Steve.

I've never been on Lexapro but years ago had enough anxiety and depression that I was on Librium for 3 years.
    It helped me get a new job and drag my ass to it as often as I could while hating the big insurance company I worked for.
    I finally quit and found I didn't need the Librium any more.

Now is not a good time to quit a job, so I suggest you find ways to enjoy your life evenings and weekends.

Have you done the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum at this web site?
    It can help you discover and come to terms with repressed emotions that cause pain and lack of energy.

I'm 84 and am glad I have enough energy every day to lift a can or beer or glass of wine and pet my darling dog.

My dad died when I was 21 and he was only 52. I don't remember he ever hugged me or showed any sign he loved me,
    but I still miss him nonetheless. I try to remember the good times... playing softball together on picnics. Funny,
    but that's about all I can remember of him. He used to put me down in front of his beer-drinking friends and
    I still don't know why. I was always a good boy, never in trouble. Oh well, that's long past.

Try living more in the present, not the past or the future. Or be confident that your future is going to be great...
    happy and pain free. Then it will.

Markus likes this.