1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Delayed Periods and Pregnancy Scare

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Raju, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Raju

Raju New Member

After recovering from chronic pain + chronic constipation due to the precious support of people from this forum, I am back suspecting another manifestation of TMS:

Despite using dual protection (combining two methods) while having sex, I started to be scared of pregnancy since a couple of months. Due to a case of food poisoning, I threw up two weeks back and my brain took it as a sign of pregnancy and freaked out, despite listing at least 2-3 weird food items that I had accidentally consumed. I was waiting for my periods to come and disprove my fear (and it is a really big big fear for me, as I am not married, nor in a culture where that sort of a thing is dealt with any compassion. I have a long term partner who is very supportive but my family is unaware of my relationship).

I started getting pre-menstruation sensations, but I'm 8-9 days late from my usual date, and my stress, fear, embarrassment keeps rising. My anxiety is hitting the roof. Internet worsens it. I don't have any other symptom of pregnancy, and I'm 30. Also, I got two doses of covishield vaccine right after my last period.

Could this be TMS/unconscious fear? Is stress possibly delaying my periods? I have an appointment with a gynac two days later, but I want to understand my psychology before I face her.

Please help.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Stress can very well delay or even stop periods altogether. The more you are fearful, the more likely the fear would impact you in various manifestations.

Raju likes this.
  3. Raju

Raju New Member

@TG957 thank you for your response. I got tested and I am not pregnant. I am glad I could recognise my unconscious fears. Will now keep working on them to stay healthy.

TG957 likes this.