1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Days like magic

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Cara, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Although I live in a typically cold climate, it feels like summer here today (in February!!) I went to a nature preserve under a bright blazing sun and huge blue sky and ran for almost an hour. (!!) The birds were singing. In spite of the fact that Monday I could barely move, and I recently posted on this forum in despair, today I felt better than wonderful. I've had a few of those days now, and they are like magic.

I've been in pain for almost five years. I read Sarno seven months ago and found this forum shortly thereafter. I've been trying meditation, journaling, yoga, reading Sarno over and over and over again. I saw today that perhaps, in spite of expressing frustration that all of that seemed not to be working, maybe part of me is skeptical that it CAN work. Days like today really do feel like some kind of weird magic, something impossible and irrational. HOW could those things possibly work? HOW can I be in such pain Monday and so well on Saturday? It's crazy and wonderful. I know reasoning and science are behind it, but it's still amazing to me.

This is obviously not like taking antibiotics and getting better 24 hours later. It's amazing that it works at all, though, isn't it? I'm amazed. I'm so grateful for these glimpses of possibility and progress.

Paigeee, Ellen and plum like this.
  2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Beautiful words my darling. It is crazy and wonderful isn't it.

May these glimpses become the stepping stones to full recovery. May magic fill your days and your nights.

Blessings x

MWsunin12 and Cara like this.
  3. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Dearest Plum,

At your advice, I checked out a book by Rick Hanson. It seems he would say that such days ARE a stepping stone to more wellness and happiness, as long as I take a moment to notice and soak them in. I think I will try to write a sonnet about today. That should do it.

When I heard about TMS (back when I thought I'd feel better quickly,) I thought that maybe I'd end up grateful for TMS, for its forcing me to pay more attention to myself. I thought maybe it could be like one of those emotional fitness trackers. It turns out it's way more complicated than that. I see now that there are many ways it might (if I can live in this magic regularly) be even more than I originally hoped. It might be how and why I find my way back to the best version of myself. And, if I'm really lucky, I might get to be as gentle, wise, and loving as you seem to be. You have been instrumental in my progress!

Blessings back at ya!

Love,
    Cara

MWsunin12 and plum like this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Still seems like a miracle to me, too! Who knows, maybe it is.......we just need to make ourselves open to it.

plum and Cara like this.
  5. Cara

Cara Peer Supporter

Being open to miracles would be a worth-while outcome!

6. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Miracles happen every day but we close our minds and hearts to them. Life itself is a miracle. Perhaps the most beautiful part of healing are these good and golden days where we glimpse the healing sunshine and because the contrast remains sharp and distinct our appreciation is keen. Within these moments the flood of gratitude shows us how we can be so much more than we were, that our greatest dreams can eclipse our fears and that it will take continued creativity and courage to live so magnificently. For me this is why I cultivate gentleness with such devotion. Before TMS I thought one should squeeze the pips out of life, these days I have no desire to crush or force anything. Like the sleeping maiden resting upon a palm in my avatar I am content to trust all life into god's hand. Open, vulnerable yet held safely until the day comes when the hand places us in the heart of mystery.

jazzrascal, Ellen and Cara like this.