1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
  1. marcellobiscione

marcellobiscione New Member

hello everyone
    Sorry for my bad englis, im not english.
    i have just read "healing by back pain" and i go to psycological therapst on time a week since 2 years.
    my therapist has convinced me that my pain has mind origin and i believie it. i believe it about 98%.
    but i cannot be mind relax when i do sport. i cannot. because my left part of my body is always contracted so i think that i would hurt my self for this reason.
    i think my left part of body will healing if i find my psycological problem or event that cause me that..if anyone has the left part of body contracted contact me please!

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

If you try the Structured Education Programme on the TMS Wiki site, as you work through the 'days' you will find what it is that is affecting your left side. A possibility (from the Louise Hay books) is that the left side governs future events, so it may be there is something you don't want to do - or don't want to face?? Good luck finding out - and keep on with it!

3. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi Marcellobiscione, and welcome! Your English is great, I understand you perfectly! :) Where are you from?

I agree with hecate, I think the Structured Education Program on the TMS Wiki can help you find the psychological source behind your symptoms.

The first (and crucial) step to overcoming TMS pain is fully accepting that your pain is psychological, not physical. Congratulations on your progress so far towards fully accepting the TMS diagnosis, and best wishes going forward!

Becca

4. marcellobiscione

thanks for your answer :)

Hecate: i'm thinking about you said..but for the moment i haven't the answer

Becca: you are very kindy...i from Salerno, Italy

5. Becca

Becca Well known member

Italia!! Ho studiato italiano per cinque anni, ma non lo parlo bene....

(That's all I really retained. I was great at grammar, but terrible at vocabulary. Also had some terrible teachers.)

6. marcellobiscione

And where are you from Becca?USA? do you tell me your sintoms?maybe it can help me..thank you

7. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Marcello,
    Congratulations on starting! I too feel that my muscles are asymmetrically tight- it makes me glad that I read your post. I have spent so many years trying to relax the muscles in my right arm and trapezius- with no progress. That's why I think the only way forward is to work on emotions- and at least it can't hurt to be stronger emotionally.
    Do you have the condition they call "drop foot"?

8. marcellobiscione

Hi Endless luke thanks for your post. I don't know what is the drop foot....i have no met before a person with muscles asymmetrically tight (my left muscle tight are :trapezius, pectoral, shoulder, arm, abdominal and the contraction down to the leg and foot ). i was told me that is the left part contracted because in the right part of brain there are the emotions. if you is contracted in the right part i dont understand why.
    then: how old are you? how many years do you have this problem? there was a trigger point? have you find a good solution? thanks

9. Endless luke

Endless luke Well known member

Drop foot is feeling like your walking stride is unnatural and that one of the feet drags behind you.

I'm 39 years old and have been dealing with this for 19 years or so. I was in a car accident that really made things worse. Right now I'm working on pushing myself physically- particularly playing sports. I would recommend this- even if you don't quite feel ready.