1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day One

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jakee, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Jakee

Jakee Newcomer

I am, obviously, new here. Will focus on the question Day 1 Question ((http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Educational_Program_Day_1 (Educational Program Day 1)) : "What would a life without TMS mean to you?" It would mean: of course, no, or, ok, less pain. It would mean no, or less, fear. It would mean writing at the computer without worry about the pain in my hand, arm, neck, shoulder. It would (perhaps though I don't know if that is also TMS) being able to stand and walk without pain in my feet. It would be, basically, a completely different life. I wouldn't think/obsess/plan most of my activities with figuring out how to trouble shoot and get through them. I wouldn't, right now, worry about how to keep writing with pain. I would travel more, since I would be able to walk like others do. I would join friends and family on many adventures. I would worry less about: where will I be able to sit, and will I be able to keep working/writing, and will my means of expression/writing have to end? The more I think/write this, the more I see how much of my thinking this takes up. Ha. I thought I just had a part-time problem that I deal with pretty well. But I see how big it is. And how relieved, different, more joyfulI would be without TMS (ie pain? or at least some pain?) in my daily daily life. Yes, of course, I'd probably acclimate; we do. But that is a challenge I'd happily take!

2. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Welcome, Jakee!
    Yes, once we begin to take inventory, we see how all consuming TMS can be.
    Good for you for starting th SEP. It changed my life.
    If you’re so inclined, read some of thof Success Stories on this site. They're encouraging and empowering.
    Blessings,
    Gigi

3. Jakee

Jakee Newcomer

Thanks, Gigi! Will do!