1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 9... first post... afraid of debilitation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BKFortyThree, Feb 10, 2018.

1. BKFortyThree

BKFortyThree Newcomer

Hi! I’m on day 9 of the program and feeling new depth to the emotions I had previously stuffed. The letters that won’t be sent have been the most helpful at tapping into them.

My question is still fear based and more physically focused... (apologies):

If the pain (in my case low back pain for the past two years) goes away... will the other physical symptoms also go away? I have arthritis in my back at age 43... I stopped many activities due to the pain..: but have started returning to yoga and literally cry from the pain in every class. But the pain isn’t as alarming to my psyche as the lack of mobility that’s taken over for the past two years. I can’t bend to put on shoes or socks...

Would that improve as my body relaxes or do some symptoms last beyond the pain in cases of TMS?

Thank you!

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi sweetheart,

Pretty much everything resolves in time. Sometimes there is a bit of to-ing and fro-ing but this is the nature of healing.

Have you heard of or tried Yin Yoga? It is my saving grace and is incredibly healing and relaxing. I mention it in 'my story' where I've added a link to a YouTube video explaining what it is, created by the lovely teacher I follow.

And don't worry too much about anything at this point. Simply enjoy the process, enjoy your healing and know you will be better in the end, in all ways.

Plum x

BKFortyThree likes this.
  3. BKFortyThree

BKFortyThree Newcomer