1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ellie freegan, Apr 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

with my journalling on day 6 i found that i couldnt think of a lot to write about and it didn't bring up strong emotions. it was something that upset me a lot when i was a kid but i feel like im over it now. However im not sure if maybe deep down i am still upset/angered by it and i just cant access those emotions. I think the same will apply to many of things that upset/angered me when i was a child.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, elle. It looks like you did not have a very happy childhood. I thought I did until I journaled and came to
    realize how much my parents' divorce when I was seven angered me and left me with feelings of
    abandonment and insecurity.

You may have to do more journaling about your childhood to discover what angered and upset you.
    My journaling led to realizing that my parents had TMS frustrations of their own. That led me to
    understanding them better and to forgiving them.

Try not to spend too much time each day thinking and journaling about your childhood,
    maybe no more than half an hour or hour a day or it may be depressing.

Spend the rest of the day and evening thinking about and doing things that give you pleasure or even joy.

Recovering from TMS anger takes time. Be patient in your process of self-discovery and
    emotional distress recovery and you will become healthier and happier than you ever imagined.

3. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

thanks for your support the problem im having though is that I can only think of enough stuff to write for about 5 minutes